|Spicy Italian Sausage Penne|
Spicy Italian sausage in a creamy tomato sauce= Delish!
1 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (about 3 Tablespoons)
¼ cup white wine
1- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup heavy cream
1 pound (16 oz.) penne pasta
1. Break up sausage in a large pot or Dutch oven and cook over medium heat until browned. Add onion, cook until soft and translucent.
2. Increase heat to medium-high. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste and wine and cook, stirring constantly until wine has evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper flakes; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
5. Add heavy cream to sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked pasta, stir to combine. Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 6-8 servings
Spicy Italian Sausage Penne
Labels: Spicy Italian Sausage Penne