|Homemade Rice Krispie Treats|
See below the recipe for directions on how to turn them into these adorable watermelon slices!
1/3 cup cold water
1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup white corn syrup (or golden)
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 cups Rice Krispies
1. Place the water in a small pot, sprinkle in the gelatin and let soak for 5 minutes.
2. Grease a 9 x 9" pan.
3. Combine the sugar into the gelatin and heat over medium low until the gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved into the water.
4. Place the gelatin mixture in a large bowl; add the corn syrup, salt and vanilla.
5. Whip the mixture until white and marshmallow like and very stiff peaks form, about 5 - 6 minutes.
6. Fold the Rice Krispies into the marshmallow mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
7. Cover and chill until set. Cut into 9 squares.
This recipe is adapted from food.com.
To make into watermelon slices:
- Tint marshmallow mixture with red food coloring before mixing in the Rice Krispies.
- Use an 8 or 9" round cake pan.
- When firm, cut into wedges.
- Dip the end of the wedges into white chocolate that has been tinted green to resemble the rind of the watermelon.
- Sprinkle with miniature choclate chips to make the "seeds".