Let’s face it… your husband wants a Hot Blonde. Why not let him have one? Your kids will want one too. After you try these, you will see what all the fuss over Hot Blondes is.
LOL! There is a Metro Detroit company called “Total Cluster Fudge” that makes these “Hot Blondes” and after I tried them I knew I had to recreate them! It has taken me a few years but I have finally done it!
A Blondie with caramel and butterscotch chips… how can you go wrong?
1 11-oz. bag caramels (like Kraft)
2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups sugar
3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup butterscotch chips
1. Heat oven to 350°. Grease a 13 x 9” pan. Melt the caramels and 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the vanilla, butter, egg and remaining 1/3 cup evaporated milk and stir until combined.
3. Spread ½ of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle dough with ½ cup baking chips. Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven.
4. Spoon caramel sauce over partially baked dough; spread evenly.
5. Remaining dough will be stiff. Break off chunks of dough and flatten into pieces. Place pieces next to each other on top of caramel (see photo below). Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup butterscotch chips.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Cool completely.
Makes 24 bars