|Apple Crisp Pie|
Total time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 3/4 cups flour, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 to 3 Tablespoons ice water
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium apples)
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup quick-cooking or old fashioned oats
1/3 cup butter, softened
1. Prepare pastry: Combine 1 cup flour and salt. Cut in coconut oil using a fork or pastry blender until particles are the size of coarse crumbs. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl. Placed on a well-floured area. With a rolling pin, roll into a circle 2 inches larger than the pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate. Cut and crimp edges.
2. Heat oven to 425°. Set aside prepared pastry.
3. Mix sugar, 1/4 cup flour,1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in apples. Spoon into prepared pastry-lined pie plate.
4. To make topping: Combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, oats, butter, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg in a bowl. Sprinkle over apples.
5. Bake 50 minutes, covering loosely with aluminum foil during the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
Makes 8 servings
Apple Crisp Pie