|Apple Pecan Twist Bread|
This yummy bread is perfect for fall!
3 Tablespoons flour
1/4 cup+ 2 Tablespoons sugar, divided
1/4 cup +2 Tablespoons softened butter, divided
2 cups Homemade Bisquick
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup milk
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup peeled, shredded apple (about 1 medium apple)
2 Tablespoons pecans, chopped
1. Heat oven to 375°. Grease an 8x4 or 7x3-inch loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons flour with 3 tablespoons sugar. With a fork, cut in 1 tablespoon butter until crumbly. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, blend Homemade Bisquick, cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar until crumbly. Add milk to form a soft dough. On a floured surface, knead 3 or 4 times. Roll or pat into a 8"x15" rectangle. Spread with 1/4 cup softened butter. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, the shredded apple and 1/2 of the flour mixture evenly over the dough.
4. Starting with a long side, roll the dough, jelly-roll style. Join the ends to form a ring. Gently twist ring to form a figure 8; place in the prepared pan.
5. Brush top with 1 table spoon melted butter; sprinkle with remaining half of flour mixture. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons pecans; lightly press into the dough.
6. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Remove loaf from pan, cut into slices.
Makes 6 Servings
Apple Pecan Twist Bread